“Vaughn's 5-POINT Economic Plan:
Key Steps we can take NOW to immediately get us back to work and grow our economy:
1. First, start by making the 2001 & ‘03 tax rates permanent, freeze the capital gains rate at 15%, and keep the government at its 2008 spending level. Initiate zero-based budgeting – justify every dollar, every year.
We got by then, and we can get by at that level now, just like most families are doing.
2. Enforce the illegal alien laws. We have 12 million unemployed and over 12 million illegals, - Do the Math. Use the Eisenhower Plan to deport the illegals and take back our jobs.
3. Eliminate the Corporate tax rate – it’s really double taxation because profit dividend taxes are paid by the individual. This will stabilize the flight of money and jobs overseas, and even begin to bring them back here where they belong.
4. Use proven Tariff techniques to bring back jobs that fled overseas due to third world cheap “slave labor” rates and cheap quality materials. This is simply “Fair Trade” in a “Free Enterprise” system.
Others have correctly suggested variations of the first 4 points above, but my 5th point is my unique solution to the problem of how to quickly, fairly, and effectively deal with the tens of thousands of pages of Federal Regulations on individuals and businesses.
We know we are "Over-Regulated", mostly by bureaucratic “red tape” procedures and requirements which put an undue burden on economic growth.
But we can change this with one simple change in our approach.
5. Use our own natural resources and let businesses do business by SHIFTING the “burden of proof” of regulatory potential environmental and personal harm from the users tothe accusers.
This would force the “alphabet agencies” and environmentalists to prove their socialistic theories and claims before wrecking our economic growth.
The day we say we will drill, gas prices will fall the next day.
But there are many more benefits.
As examples, we have nuclear power generation on hold due to some obscure “snail darter” fish. We can we simply relocate enough of them to another stream to save the species, if it is indeed in danger.
Or they claim harm to the caribou if we drill for oil in a miniscule portion of the Arctic, but the 1970s Alaska pipeline actually helped the herds by providing warmth and shelter from the bitterest elements. So, drill now!
They define “wetlands” in the most obscure ways, but offer no proof as to any potential harm from a project which re-routes occasional running water. Many required “environmental impact studies” are unreliable or just used as a stall tactic or a block to legitimate job creating business.
They deny timber rights to loggers because of a nest of “Spotted Owls,” but the Mt. St. Helens eruption proved such creatures would simply re-locate a few miles away – on their own.
Nature is resourceful and takes care of its own.
They prohibit the necessary clearing of forest underbrush, and then wildfires create vastly more needless destruction due to the ready supply of underbrush fuel.
THE EPA AND REGULATIONS ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!!!
They force every business, industry, and job site to take unnecessary, costly measures out of fear of overbearing fines for even minor infringements of absurd, arbitrary regulations.
We all know many other examples. A free market and a free press can weed out environmentally or otherwise irresponsible businesses.
Let’s take a Constitutional approach of: “You accuse, you prove.”
Finally, on a political note, liberals, left-wing Democrats, and career politicians always propose ways to get the economy moving again by using government programs and tax money, in other words more government, just as in their misnamed “American Jobs Act.”
But the only real solution is for the government to get out of our way and let “we the people” do it ourselves. That’s what our Founding Fathers envisioned and why they gave us our Free Enterprise system.
I will immediately sponsor a “Let Americans Do Their Job Act” using the proven principles in my 5-Point Economic Recovery Plan.
That’s it. Now let’s make it happen!
Corrogan Vaughn, U.S. Senate candidate for Maryland, is a visionary reformer, dedicated to the American Constitutional principles of limited government, free enterprise, fair trade, individual liberty, fiscal responsibility, strong national defense, and traditional family values.